Restricted Licence (A2) - train and test on a 125cc motorcycle

The A2 and Direct Access Test is in fact the same test and therefore the same requirements - The only difference is the size of bike used 14.6bhp

The law requires that you are 17 years of age and hold either a full car licence or a provisional licence with category 'A' motorcycle entitlement.

This licence automatically upgrades to a 'big bike' licence after two years.